The projects summarized here are examples of my work in experience and content design.
Design Discovery for Federal Health Client
Conduct discovery research for content strategy and information architecture project to align stakeholders on problems to solve and project goals. Demonstrate value of design discovery for federal health client.
Skills: Stakeholder interviews, focus groups, affinity mapping, journey mapping, content audit
Directory of Cancer Research Resources
Improve usability for online directory of NCI-supported cancer research resources.
Skills: Interaction design, information architecture, usability testing, taxonomy development
- Led design and development of directory of more than 230 resources findable by keyword search and progressive filtering using faceted taxonomy
- Developed content guidelines and strategy for governance, including editorial process, style guide, and templates
- Created wireframes and documented business and technical requirements
- Assisted in development of usability testing script and observed usability testing sessions
- Designed and moderated card sort to inform taxonomy improvements (data analysis in progress)
Percussion to Drupal Content Migration
Migrate website for Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics from Percussion content management system to Cancer.gov digital platform (Drupal on Acquia Cloud Site Factory).
Skills: Content management system migration, requirements analysis, content type development
- Analyzed 2500+ URLs and 15 content types for requirements to migrate to Drupal platform (including HTML inconsistencies, content type field matching, and metadata considerations)
- Developed requirements and wireframes for new Event content type
- Tested deployments and logged bugs using GitHub workflow
- Helped design onsite survey to inform design decisions in future work
Climate Prediction Center IA Recommendations
CPC is a branch of the government agency NOAA that publishes climate data to support government and industry work related to weather, agriculture, energy, transportation, water resources, and health. The site was selected for review and recommendations as part of an Information Architecture course at the University of Baltimore.
Skills: content inventory, card sorting, wireframes, client presentation